Eligibility criteria for admission to Rawal Institute of Health Sciences RIHS Islamabad
RIHS shall admit 100 students in the first year MBBS Class. The admission shall strictly be on merit established by admission committee of the institution in accordance with the policies laid down by the PM&DC. The candidates are required to apply on prescribed application form for the session 2011-2012. PM&DC requires more than 60% unadjusted marks in pre-medical qualifications. Admission Selection Committee:
This committee is headed by the Principal and has the discretion to refuse admission to any candidate who deems to be unsuitable. The decision of the admission selection committee shall be final.
Categories of applicants:
The College shall admit students from any where in the world on their established merit. The following categorizes of the applicants are recognized.
Pakistani Nationals (80 seats) (Open merit)
Foreign Nationals/Expatriate Pakistanis (20 seats)
(A person having foreign or dual nationality, or a Pakistani earning abroad)
Note: If any of the reserved seats remains vacant, the same will be converted to open merit category.
1. Applicants must have passed HSSC (Pre-Medical Group) of Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan with at least 60% marks or equivalent to the intermediate (Pre-Medical) examination.
2. Foreign candidate is required to have passed SAT II examination score with minimum 550 marks in each of the three science subjects of which two have to be Biology and Chemistry.
3. Candidate educated abroad should submit the equivalence certificate from the Inter-Board Committee of Chairmen Islamabad (IBCC), H-8/4, Islamabad or from its regional offices at Board of Intermediate Secondary Education.
4. The candidate is required to present a valid TOEFL or IELT with a score of 500 or 5.5 only if the medium of instruction of study two years prior to application for admission/entry test is not English. An alternate to TOEFL and IELT is a certification by NUML Islamabad after a one year English language course.
5. Admission will be strictly on merit. The merit shall include Matric, F Sc (Pre-medical) examination results, provincial entrance tests and assessment by the admission committee.
6. The eligible applicants from all over Pakistan and abroad are entitled to apply for admission in relevant category.
7. Incorrect information or suppression of facts in the application form shall entail refusal or cancellation of admission.
8. Admission will be given to candidates declared medically fit by RIHS appointed medical board.
9. Candidates selected for admission shall be required to complete the admission requirements within the prescribed period failing which right of admission will be given to the next applicant on the waiting list.
10. No candidate will be considered to have been admitted unless he/she has paid all the fees and dues by the specified date.
11. Failing to attend the classes for two consecutive weeks without genuine reason shall entail cancellation of admission.
12. A student convicted of any criminal offence and/or having served a sentence in jail for the same will not be eligible for admission. Onus of responsibility of non declaration of such conviction shall lie on the applicant or the admitted student.
13. The management committee shall be the final authority to accord approval to the admissions and decide the appeals by the contending candidates who could not be recommended for admission.
PakMed InfoForum contains more than 50,000 educational & biomedical articles/news items added in the recent two years making it one of the largest educational & biomedical information websites. In the following you can find the links to about 100 recently added articles or news items.