Entry Test (Entrance Test) 2009: Punjab Medical College PMC Faisalabad Pakistan
Candidates of Punjab Domicile, Federal Capital area, AJ & K, and Northern areas applying for admission to the First Year MBBS against open merit/Reserved seats (except those nominated by Economic Affair Division, Islamabad) are required to pass the Entry Test with a minimum score of 40% otherwise they will not be eligible for admission. The Entry Test will be valid for the same session only.
DATE: Sunday, 27th September, 2009 at 09:00 A.M.
There will be separate Entrance Test for Fsc and Non-Fsc students
Availability of Application Forms: 20thÂ to 26th August
Submission of Application forms by hand : 27th August to 1st Sept. including Sunday
Admittance Cards shall be received from: 14th to 18th Sept.
Submission of Admission Forms: 22nd to 31st October
First Selection List:Â 7th November 2009
Start of Classes: 16th November 2009
Second Selection List: 1st December 2009
Third Selection List: 1st January 2010
Information taken from: www.uhs.edu.pk
Courtesy : Mr. Munir ( Regional Supervisor UHS in PMC)
1). Applicants having domicile of Punjab and Federal Capital Area shall be eligible to apply for admission in Government Medical and Dental Colleges of Punjab.
2). Applicants must have secured 715/1100 unadjusted marks in F.Sc (Pre-medical) or equivalent examinationÂ (excluding the marks of Hafiz-e-Quran).
3). Candidates are required to pass the Entry Test with a minimum of 40% marks.
4). (i) Candidates who possess qualifications equivalent to intermediate (Pre-Medical) in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English can apply for admission. The equivalence of qualification and calculation of marks of the candidates holding qualification other than F.Sc (pre-medical) will be determined by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen, Islamabad. (IBCC)
(ii) The Chairman Admission Board reserves the right to scrutinize the educational documents of such applicants. In case any discrepancy is found with regard to the eligibility/ calculation of marks, of any applicant, he will refer the matter back to the IBCC for reconsideration in the light of discrepancy.
Address: Secretary IBCC (Inter Board Committee of Chairmen)
Office No. 342, Street No. 97, Sector -G-9/4
Islamabad. Ph: 051-2852041, 2851578
5). The applicant should be under 25 years of age on the last date of submission of application.
6) Applicants from Azad Jammu & Kashir and Northern Areas for admission to first year MBBS/BDS shall take the Entry Test of the Punjab.
7) The applicant should be under 25 years of age on the last date of submission of application.
8) Applicants from Azad Jammu & Kashmir and Northern Areas for admission to first year MBBS/BDS shall take the Entry Test of the Punjab.
1) For admission to Medical/Dental Colleges of the Punjab, Entry Test will be held based on F.Sc. (pre-medical) or equivalent level questions covering Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English, prescribed by the Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education Punjab and the Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Islamabad.
2) The Entry Test will comprise of four sections. There will be 220 multiple choice questions, 60 in Physics, 60 in Chemistry, 70 in Biology and 30 in English.
3) The duration of the Test will be two and a half (2 Â½) hours.
4) The candidate will be provided with a question paper (Multiple Choice Questions), a separate pre-printed answer sheet and a rough work sheet.
5) All rough work must be done on the rough work sheet.
6) In the interest of fairness, no one shall continue work even for a second after the Instructor has asked that the work be stopped.
7) During the Test, do not talk, whisper, or turn your eyes or head away from your own papers.
8) Any evidence of cheating or non-compliance of instructions will disqualify the candidate from the Test, and his/her name will be removed from the list of the candidates for admission.
9) The candidate will write the chosen alphabet in capital form with blue ballpoint in the relevant space of the answer sheet. The candidate should think before writing the alphabet because any crossing or over writing will be treated as wrong.
10). The candidate should not mark answers on the question paper.
C) INFORMATION ABOUT THE ANSWER SHEET
1) The Test will be answered on a single, printed answer sheet.
2) Before attempting the Test, the candidate will have to write his/her Admit Card Number (given on the Admit Card), his/her name and fatherâ€™s name very carefully in the space provided on the answer sheet..
3) For each question, multiple choices will be given. The candidate has to choose the correct / best possible.
4) Each correct answer carries 5 marks; 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer as there will be NEGATIVE MARKING.
5) The candidate should bring with him/her the following:
i) Admit card
ii) A clip board
iii) Blue ball point
1) The Entry Test/Admission Packet may be obtained from the offices ofÂ all theÂ Medical Colleges during office hours on payment of Rs.400/-:-
2 This Packet will include two admit cards, two personal data sheets, admission application form and prospectus, (Including appendix I, II).
3. Candidates for Entry Test will submit Admit Cards (both), Personal Data Sheets (both) duly completed by the candidates along with attested copies of their Matric, F.Sc. and domicile certificates, at any centre convenient to them by hand and not by post within the due date and time notified in the advertisement. Applications received by post will not be entertained.
4.It is made clear that the candidates will take the Entry Test at the same centre where the Entry Test papers have been deposited. No change of centre will be allowed under any circumstances.
5. Both the personal data sheets and duplicate admit card will be retained by the admission office, but the original admit card duly stamped will be returned to the applicant. This admit card is a very important document and will have to be produced by the candidate at the time of the Entry Test.
a) Duplicate admit card will not be issued.
b) No applications for admit card will be accepted after the date notified in the press.
6. The Entry Test will be held according to the notified date, time and place, indicated on the admit card.
7. The result of the Entry Test will be declared and displayed on the notice boards of all the medical and dental colleges of Punjab.
8. Time limit for lodging complaints against Entry Test results:
The candidate having any complaint with regard to his/her Entry Test result, may lodge a complaint within 15 days after the declaration of the Entry Test result. No complaint will be entertained thereafter.
9. The applicants are required to complete their admission applications (Appendix I & II) with all the required documents so that as soon as the result of the Entry Test is declared, the applications are ready for submission.
10. Submission of admission applications:
The merit list will be prepared based on available seats in open merit and accordingly the eligible /intending candidates will be asked to submit their admission applications on the prescribed form (Appendix-I & II)
11. The candidates will give their preferences for the medical colleges in the admission form, which once given, shall be final and cannot be changed subsequently.
12. No application for admission will be considered unless fully and completely made out on the prescribed admission application form (Appendix I & II) by the candidate in his/her own handwriting.
13. All admission applications must be accompanied with four Photostat copies of the following certificates duly attested by a grade 17 officer or above (the stamp affixed must be official name stamp of the officer
(i). Matriculation certificate/Senior Cambridge Certificate.
(Birth certificate, if date of birth is not mentioned.)
(ii) Copies of detailed marks certificate of F.Sc. of the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education.
(iii) Character certificate of F.Sc. of the college last attended.
(iv) Domicile certificate. Domicile certificate once submitted with the application cannot be changed and shall be considered as final. Any candidate found to have domicile of more than one place will be disqualified for admission in medical colleges.
(v) Four attested photographs (passport size) of the candidate.
(vi) Original Affidavit (appendix I) on stamped paper of Rs.20/- duly attested by the Judicial Magistrate.
(vii) Original certificates shall be produced by the candidate at the time of admission.
14. The list of selected candidates will be notified and displayed in the offices of all the Government Medical and Dental Colleges of Punjab respectively.
15. Revision of result or improvement of marks by the Board after the finalization of merit list shall not affect the merit list of admissions of the current year in any way.
16. Any change in the schedule of the Entry Test/ Admission procedure will be notified in the major national daily newspapers
17. A candidate previously admitted in any medical college of the country cannot apply for fresh admission. He/she should apply for re-admission in the college previously admitted.
18. Application for admission along with the documents once received in the college office shall not be returned. If, however, a candidate has submitted original documents with his/her application he/she may withdraw the same after the admission is completed.
19. Selection: The candidates will be selected by the Admission Board comprising of the Principals of all Government Medical Colleges of Punjab. The Principal, King Edward Medical College, Lahore will be the Chairman of the Admission Board and will preside over the interviews and selection meetings. The decisions of Admission Board in respect of selection and admission shall be final.
20. The merit list of candidates will be prepared by the office of the Chairman, Admission Board. The Chairman shall be competent to rectify the errors or omissions found in the merit list /selection list at the time of selection of candidates.
The Admission Board will make selection from the merit list. The selection of the candidates against the open merit seats shall be made according to merit and allocation of college shall be made after giving due consideration to candidateâ€™s choice. After the selection against the open merit seats, the selection against the reserved seats shall be made on merit in each category.
Candidates applying for open merit seats and self-finance seats will be considered for selection simultaneously according to their declaration given in the admission application form (Appendix-II)
Lastly, the selection for the seats on reciprocal basis will be done on merit from the remaining candidates on the integrated merit list.
21. If considered necessary, the Admission Board may call any candidate for interview at his/her own expenses.
22. The Admission Board may refuse admission to any candidate who seems, for reasons to be recorded in each case at the time of interview, to be unsuitable or unlikely to become a good doctor. In case such a candidate is admitted, he can be struck off the rolls of the college, after issuing a notice to him/her to that effect.
23. i) Such candidates whose particulars e.g. marks certificates or any other document submitted with the application form are found to be incorrect or wrong or whose authentication is doubtful will be struck off the college roll, even if they have been admitted. A student can be removed during the course of his/her study at any stage if incorrect or wrong data have been submitted by such a student, which formed the basis of his/her admission.
ii). The Principal also reserves the right to forfeit fees and dues paid by such a candidate.
iii) A candidate making any false statement is liable to any legal action, which the Government may deem fit to take. Similarly, father/guardian making any false statement is also liable to legal action.
iv) Any candidate detected to have submitted forged certificates or fake documents with the application form shall be permanently debarred from admission to any medical/dental college in Punjab.
E) RULES FOR WORKING OUT MERIT OF CANDIDATES
The following marks shall be added to the F.Sc. marks of the candidates in order to prepare the final merit list:-’
Twenty (20) marks will be added for being a Muslim Hafiz-e-Quran, subject to verification of the same by a committee constituted by the Admission Board.
Note:- According to the aggregate marks of F.Sc. and Entry Test, whenever two or more than two candidates are bracketed, the one senior in age will be given preference to the other for the purpose of admission.
F) FINAL MERIT LIST
The final merit list will be prepared as under: -
Adjusted marks in F.Sc./equivalent examination â€¦.70%
Entry Test marks…….â€¦â€¦â€¦……………………â€¦â€¦..30%
G) MEDICAL FITNESS REQUIREMENTS
The candidates shall be examined at the time of admission by a Medical Board to be set up by the Principal of the college in which the candidate shall be admitted. The candidate must be physically and mentally fit according to the criteria for medical fitness/disability laid down by the Admission Board. The candidate must produce certificate to have been:
i). Inoculated against the enteric group of fevers within the preceding 12 months.
ii). Fully vaccinated against Tetanus.
iii). Fully vaccinated against Hepatitis “B” virus.
iv). Foreign students will have to produce a certificate of their HIV status from prescribed laboratories in Pakistan. If during the course of studies any student is found to be positive for HIV infection, he/she shall be repatriated at his/her own cost to his/her country of origin.
X-Ray of any part of the body, or any other investigation if required will be at the candidate’s expense.
H) ADMISSION OF STUDENTS
(a) No student will be considered to have been admitted to any college unless he/she has paid the college fees and other dues.
b). A student, who is admitted to the first year MBBS class of the medical college because of his/her having paid the college fee etc., but continuously absents himself/herself from the beginning of first term of the college session for a period of four weeks without any genuine reason, his/her admission will be cancelled and the seat may be filled by the Chairman Admission Board on the basis of merit as per rules.
(c) If a seat falls vacant, the next candidate on merit in that category will be selected. Admission will be closed after a lapse of a period of 3 months from the start of first year MBBS class. However, if any vacancy occurs as a result of a candidate having been struck off the college roll on account of securing admission by fraudulent means it will be filled in to safeguard the right of the next person on merit list up to the end of the first year class. However, he/she will not be permitted to appear in first year examination till he/she has attended 66 percent lectures and 66 percent of practical classes held.
(d) The Admission Board will verify F.Sc. certificate and other certificates submitted by the candidates as early as possible from the concerned Board/University/Authority. The students whose certificates/documents are found incorrect or wrong in any way shall not be considered for admission and if admitted provisionally their admission will be cancelled without any notice.
Note: Information provided here are for general knowledge purpose only. There is no guarantee of accuracy. For up-to-date and accurate information please visit relevant official web site.