View Complete Merit List: Sir Syed University of Engineering & Technology (SSUET) releases merit list of admissions 2013
KARACHI: Sir Syed University of Engineering & Technology (SSUET) on Sunday declared the first list of candidates who qualified on merit for admission to five engineering disciplines i.e. Electronic, Telecommunication, Computer, Civil and Biomedical and Computer Science. According to a statement, the merit list may be checked on SSUET Notice Boards and also at the university’s website. Letters of instructions to successful candidates have been mailed by the university through courier. A total of 4300 candidates appeared in the entrance test held on November 18 at Karachi Expo Centre, out of which 1020 have been allowed for admission on merit as per PEC’s admission criteria. Among 1020 successful candidates, 200 got admission in Electronic Engineering, 100 in Telecommunication Engineering, 200 in Computer Engineering, 100 in Biomedical Engineering, 120 in Civil Engineering and 300 in Computer Science. Classes for new batch will start from January 7, 2013.
Message From Vice Chancellor
I congratulate you on being selected for admission in Sir Syed University of Engineering & Technology.
The 4 years, which you will spend in Sir Syed University of Engineering & Technology, would determine your future life pattern.
I would advise you to take full advantage of the facilities available in this University. We have state of the art laboratories, a very good library, internet facilities and counselling system. There are also facilities for healthy co-curricular activities like sports, debates, social work etc. etc.
I would further advise you to follow the Rules of the University in letter and spirit, wear the prescribed uniform and maintain 100 percent class attendance which is essential for a professional degree.
I will emphasis upon you not to waste your crucial time in meaningless activities but concentrate on your studies and healthy co-curricular activities.
This University is not only a teaching institute but it is a grooming centre. We try to develop overall personality of an individual so that he / she could lead a successful life. This is in line with the philosophy and traditions of Aligarh Muslim University.
Wishing you good luck,
Prof. Dr. Syed Jawaid Hassan Rizvi
Instructions for Selected Candidates
1. Please confirm that your name appears in the list of selected candidates for admission. You can confirm this from the website http://www.ssuet.edu.pk or from the Notice Boards displayed in the University Campus.
2. You have to make payment of fee for which Bank Challan is courier on your postal address. You can make payment in the designated Bank or the nearest Branch of Burj Bank Ltd. (List of following Branches of Burj Bank)
3. You are advised to make payment through Pay Order / Bank Draft for safe and smooth transaction. The last date of payment of fee is 17th December, 2012.
4. All payments are to be made in the authorized Banks only. The payment to any individual / official of the University is strictly prohibited. The admission offer of those who make payment to any other person or at any other place will be withdrawn.
5. Once you have made the payment, you should visit the University Registration Counters along with photo copy of the paid Challan and properlyfilled up forms (courier on your postal address with these instructions). You must ensure that all the enclosed forms are properly filled in and signed.Incomplete forms may not be accepted. The copy of your own CNIC and your father’s CNIC must also be enclosed.
6. You have to get yourself registered latest by 24th December, 2012 which is the last date for this purpose. The Admission offer shall stand automaticallywithdrawn, without any notice, in case you fail to submit the required documents by the above mentioned date, along with copy of paid challan.
7. The Provisional Identity Card of the University along with Admission Kitcontaining Guide Map, Time Table, Neck Tie (for boys) / Pocket with Insignia (for girls), Hand Book, General Information Sheet and some selected Books and Articles on Aligarh Movement and Sir Syed Ahmed Khan will be given to the selected candidate from 26th December, 2012 from the University Counter set up for this purpose.
8. Regular classes of First Semester will start at 09:00 A.M. from Monday, 7th January, 2013. All selected candidates are required to be present in proper uniform before 09:00 A.M. without fail. Further instructions will be given in the Orientation Session.
PakMed InfoForum contains more than 50,000 educational & biomedical articles/news items added in the recent two years making it one of the largest educational & biomedical information websites. In the following you can find the links to about 100 recently added articles or news items.