Daily Archives: November 23rd, 2011

Poor Education and Training in Primary Schools of Sindh

Poor Education and Training in Primary Schools of Sindh Wednesday, 23 Nov 2011  

15 Teachers of Karachi University shifted to Tenure Track: University of Karachi KU Sindh Pakistan

15 Teachers of Karachi University shifted to Tenure Track: University of Karachi KU Sindh Pakistan

Nurses protest continues

Nurses protest continues November 23, 2011 MULTAN – Scores of staff nurses from different hospitals on Monday staged a protest demonstration and took out a rally against the provincial government for not increasing their salaries. The nurses included from Children Hospital, Civil Hospital, Nishtar Hospital and other hospitals have been protesting for the last 10 […]

More remand for Dr Majid

More remand for Dr Majid November 23, 2011 LAHORE – An Accountability Court on Monday extended the physical remand of former Punjab University College of Information Technology Principle Dr Majid Naeem for 14 days. NAB had filed a reference against Dr Naeem in Accountability Court in December 2010 under the charges of embezzlement of Rs […]

More students visit Aiwan

More students visit Aiwan November 23, 2011 LAHORE – The students of the City District Govt Girls High School Gulstan Colony visited the Aiwan-e-Karkunan Tehrik-e-Pakistan on a study tour on Monday. The schoolteacher Andleeb Butt addressed the Pakistan Aghi ceremony. Mobile ideological units of Nazaria-i-Pakistan Trust led by their coordinators visited New Sir Syed Model […]

‘LHW’s role vital to promote public health’

‘LHW’s role vital to promote public health’ November 23, 2011 LAHORE – Health Secretary Mohammad Jehanzeb Khan has said that government is promoting public health and preventive programmes besides up-grading of health facilities for which the community participation and the role of Lady Health Workers is very vital. He said this during inaugural ceremony of […]

Scientists urged to fight food, energy crises

Scientists urged to fight food, energy crises November 23, 2011 FAISALABAD – Speakers at an international conference on Monday urged young scientists to come up with innovative ideas to fight food and energy crises that have been paralysing the life in the country. They were addressing the inaugural session of the three-day 10th International and […]

School celebrates Children’s Day

School celebrates Children’s Day ISLAMABAD - Students of Roots School System E-11/4 Campus celebrated Universal Children’s Day. The key objective was to increase awareness of the Convention on the Rights of the Child. They held placards and wore head bands with different slogans. They also presented skits about violence against children. Speaking on the event, Roots School […]

Dr Sangi pays tribute to Faiz: Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) Islamabad

Dr Sangi pays tribute to Faiz: Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) Islamabad Wednesday, 23 Nov 2011 ISLAMABAD - In his message on the centenary celebrations of Faiz Ahmed Faiz, Allama Iqbal Open University Vice Chancellor Prof Dr Nazir Ahmed Sangi on Tuesday said the poet would always remain relevant to the oppressed masses of the society owing […]

Health programmes struggling for survival

Health programmes struggling for survival ISLAMABAD - Four national health programmes retained at federal level after the devolution of Ministry Of Health and National Hepatitis Control Programme (ICT component) are struggling for their survival because since July last, the Planning Commission have not issued them any funds. After the enactment of the 18th Amendment, the health sector […]

SMS damaging young generation’s moral fibre

SMS damaging young generation’s moral fibre Wednesday, 23 Nov 2011 ISLAMABAD  - Though, the revolution in the field of information technology has made the life of people easier and convenient to contact each other but it has also some negative aspects. The mobile text messaging mania is one of them, as it is badly affecting the […]

‘Education is my Right’ seminar and rally held

‘Education is my Right’ seminar and rally held Wednesday, 23 Nov 2011 ISLAMABAD - Children from the suburbs of Rawalpindi and Islamabad along with various community members belonging to various strata participated in a rally that started from F-6 Markaz and ended at the National Press Club. They demanded access of children to quality education under Article […]

Quaid-i-Azam University QAU Islamabad staff protests against top guns

Quaid-i-Azam University QAU Islamabad staff protests against top guns Wednesday, 23 Nov 2011 Showing their dissatisfaction over the leadership of the vice-chancellor, employees of the Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) on Tuesday staged a protest demonstration against the alleged irregularities of the high-ups and their ignorance towards resolving the workers’ issues. Around 300 protesters gathered at Bab-ul-Quaid […]

No progress sans scientific knowledge, says Quaid-i-Azam University QAU Islamabad PakistanVC

No progress sans scientific knowledge, says Quaid-i-Azam University QAU Islamabad PakistanVC ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has to wake up now and devote everything to educate the country’s youth for its economic prosperity. This was stated by Prof Dr M Masoom Yasinzai, the vice chancellor of the Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU), Islamabad and a member of Pakistan Science Foundation (PSF) […]

Majid Naeem accuses ‘booty mafia’ of sabotage

Majid Naeem accuses ‘booty mafia’ of sabotage LAHORE; Wednesday, 23 Nov 2011 - Dr Majid Naeem, the former IT consultant hired to computerise examination system of all the eight boards of intermediate and secondary examination (BISE) of Punjab, told a judicial commission on Tuesday that an internal rift between the employees was behind the attempt to fail […]