Category Archives: Quaid-i-Azam University QAU Islamabad Pakistan

Quaid-i-Azam University QAU holds international cultural festival

Quaid-i-Azam University QAU holds international cultural festival ISLAMABAD: The Quaid-i-Azam University organised a festival themed, ‘International Cultural Festival 2014’which was attended by the ambassadors of various countries, including that of Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Cuba, Palestine, Egypt’s deputy cultural counsellor, Embassy of Iran’s deputy cultural counsellor. The French Cultural Centre and European Commission made the grand event […]

Dr Eatzaz Ahmad assumes charge of Quaid-i-Azam University QAU VC

Dr Eatzaz Ahmad assumes charge of Quaid-i-Azam University QAU VC Islamabad: Dr Eatzaz Ahmad, Senior Dean, Quaid-i-Azam University, assumed the charge of Vice-Chancellor after President of Pakistan approved his name till the appointment of a regular VC. The case to appoint a VC for the time being was pending before President Mamnoon Hussain but he went to […]

Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) campus not safe

Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU)   campus not safe Islamabad: The gangsters are not even sparing Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) as incidents of purse, wallet and cell phone snatching in addition to thefts have increased on its premises, a group of QAU students said. “Police have left students and faculty members at the mercy of anti-social elements,” said an […]

Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) without VC for seven days

Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) without VC for seven days Islamabad: The Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) is leaderless for seven days as the relevant authority has yet to sign the name of an acting vice-chancellor. The tenure of the outgoing QAU Vice Chancellor Dr. Masoom Yasinzai ended on February 8 after completing his 4-year term. Saturday being a closed […]

2,655 graduates awarded degrees at Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) 6th convocation

2,655 graduates awarded degrees at Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) 6th convocation Islamabad: As many as 2,655 graduates were awarded degrees at the 6th convocation of the Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) here on Tuesday. The degrees of MSc, MPhil and PhD levels in the fields of Biological Sciences, Natural Science, Social Sciences and Medicine were awarded to the graduates. […]

‘Brazilian Corner’ established at Quaid-i-Azam University QAU

‘Brazilian Corner’ established at Quaid-i-Azam University QAU Islamabad: The ambassador of Brazil, Alfredo Leoni together with the Vice-Chancellor of Quaid-i-Azam University, Dr. Masoom Yasinzai, inaugurated the Brazilian Corner at the Central Library of the university. The embassy donated more than three hundred Brazilian books in English and almost one hundred books in Portuguese language on Brazil, […]

Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) students still waiting of BA/BSc Part-I results

Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) students still waiting of BA/BSc Part-I results ISLAMABAD: The Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) has yet to announce the results for Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science Part-I examinations, which were conducted in May this year, leaving the students of Islamabad model colleges in disarray. These were the first examinations after the affiliation of […]

Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) closed hostel mess vexes students

Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) closed hostel mess vexes students Islamabad: Students residing in hostels of the Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) are facing lots of problems pertaining to food, as the hostels’ mess has not started its operation despite the start of classes from September 1. The students, especially females, who have come from other cities are facing troubles […]

Quaid-i-Azam University QAU Islamabad closed hostel mess vexes students

Quaid-i-Azam University QAU Islamabad  closed hostel mess vexes students ISLAMABAD: Students residing in hostels of the Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) are facing lots of problems pertaining to food, as the hostels’ mess has not started its operation despite the start of classes from September 1. The students, especially females, who have come from other cities are […]

Lack of government interest puts Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) bio-diesel project on backburner

Lack of government interest puts Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) bio-diesel project on backburner Islamabad: A project initiated in 2004 by a group of Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) teachers to run motor vehicles on bio-diesel now stands nowhere as the relevant government departments showed no interest to help promote this technology to save natural environment from hazardous effects of […]

Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU) associations demand allowance

Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU) associations demand allowance Staff associations jointly build pressure on QAU administration for allowance ISLAMABAD: The clash between varsity administration and staff has increased miseries of Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU) students as the administration announced closure of classes till June 10. As per details, Academic Staff Association (ASA), Officers Welfare Association (OWA) and Employees Welfare […]

Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) campuses in provinces, abroad on the cards

Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) campuses in provinces, abroad on the cards Islamabad: Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU), the country’s premier higher learning institution, has planned to open its sub-campuses in all four provinces and overseas. “We currently have only one campus i.e. in Islamabad and now want to open sub-campuses. Of late, I wrote to the heads of the […]

Student fights and politics: Religious groups venturing into Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU)

Student fights and politics: Religious groups venturing into Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU) Islamabad: Although there are six councils in Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU), they have never been involved in politics due to which the environment of the university has been peaceful compared to other universities. However, a religious group has been trying to establish a council, and problems […]

Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) professor faces probe after sexual harassment charges

Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) professor faces probe after sexual harassment charges Islamabad: A Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) professor is under investigation on charges of making sexual advances towards a female student. It is alleged that he first forced the student to write her thesis under his supervision and later fabricated a case of plagiarism after she refused sexual […]

Untimely change in Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) exam format perturbs students

Untimely change in Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) exam format perturbs students Islamabad: Though every education board can change the format of its exams, a latest move by Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) has left students as well as teachers in Islamabad colleges confused. The QAU has changed the format of the question papers just 48 days before commencement of […]

Recently Added Ads/Announcements

• Medical Entry Test (Entrance Test; MCAT) Answers Key for Admission to MBBS and BDS in Medical and Dental Colleges of Punjab Pakistan Administered by University of Health Sciences UHS Lahore Held on August 31, 2014
  • Result of Matric SSC-2 (Secondary School Certificate Part 2; Class 10th) Annual Examination 2014 of all Boards of Punjab Announced on July 25, 2014: Bahawalpur Board, D.G. Khan Board, Faisalabad Board, Gujranwala Board, Lahore Board, Multan Board, Rawalpindi Board, Sahiwal Board and Sargodha Board
  • Special summer classes in Rawalpindi colleges
  • Turkish contribution to education in Pakistan hailed
  • Punjab Education Foundation (PEF) providing free education to 1.5m needy students
  • AIOU to introduce PhD degree in mass communication
  • Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) organises seminar on safe blood transfusion
  • Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) to hold int’l woman and child health conference
  • HEC bailout package- Immediate bailout package for HEC sought
  • Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) asked to stop registering colleges
  • Govt universities appointments – SHC stays key appointments in govt universities
  • Sindh University launches mini hospital
  • USAID awards scholarships to Sindh students
  • Over 850 schools in Thatta, Sujawal closed
  • NEB exam must for medical graduates from Cuba:Pakistan Medical & Dental Council PM&DC PMDC
  • Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) upgrades its website
  • Punjab University Lahore at 1,613 in world ranking, PA told
  • Groundbreaking Ceremony ofLahore University of Management Sciences LUMS Coca-Cola Aquatic Centre
  • Lahore University of Management Sciences LUMS Alumni Reunion in Australia
  • Lahore University of Management Sciences LUMS Receives Service Appreciation Award at ‘Service Punch – 2014′
  • Lahore University of Management Sciences LUMS RWES Wins Dunya TV Shadow Budget Competition
  • EO Workshop on Personal Finance for Entrepreneurs at REDC LUMS
  • Punjab University organizes special lecture on Urdu
  • Youm-e-Takbeer a memorable day: Punjab University Vice Chancellor Prof Dr Mujahid Kamran
  • Punjab University Institute of Quality & Technology Management (IQTM) organizes National Symposium